Ploy respects your privacy. The type of information and ways we collect and use the information you provide while on our website (“Website”), or Ploy mobile applications(“Apps”) (collectively with our Website and Apps, the “Site”) and during certain other interactions are listed below:
When does Ploy collect information?
- Ploy collects certain information from an individual when the individual:
- Registers for use of the Site or uses the Site.
- Subscribes to receive e-mails from Ploy.
- Registers for use of any currently or future Ploy online communities or posts information on a shared area of the Site.
- Purchases certain current or future services from us.
- Registers for any Ploy event or webinar.
- Seeks employment opportunities with or via Ploy.
- Wishes to obtain more information about our products and services, participates in research interviews or surveys.
Ploy also collects certain information from public sources such as social media sites (for example, LinkedIn) and commercially available marketing lists.
What information does Ploy collect?
- Contact information you may choose to provide while visiting or registering on our Site, including registrations to attend Ploy events. This information may include your: name, address, company name, job title, telephone number, email address, and the name and email of third parties you may provide to us.
- Contact and other information you make available on social media sites or that is available from public sources. Ploy may also collect information included in communications between you and Ploy representatives through emails, social media sites or other virtual platforms regarding products and services that may be of interest to you or your organization.
- If you register to participate in any current or future Ploy online communities or other shared areas of the Site, you may be asked to create a profile. Your profile may be made available to other members of the shared site(s) and may include the registration information you provide as well as other information you choose to add such as work history and education.
- Behavioural information about how you use the Site, marketing e-mails you open, e-mail links you click on and your IP address.
How does Ploy use the information?
- To fulfill our obligations. Ploy uses personal contact information you share with us to fulfill contractual obligations that may include providing products or services that you or your employer purchased, answer your contract administration related inquiries or communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, and send you information about features on the Site, or changes to our policies or events for which you registered.
- To perform research. Ploy often receives briefings or information from third parties willing to participate in its research. We use any contact information provided in such instances to schedule interviews or conduct surveys.
- To improve research, the Site and measure effectiveness. Ploy regularly analyses data pertaining to visitor trends, research consumption, and research grading to improve our research, plan site enhancements, measure overall site effectiveness and the effectiveness of e-mail campaigns.
- To answer job search inquiries. We use your submitted information to respond to inquiries you make regarding job postings.
- To maintain a secure Site. IP addresses are collected in order to maintain our Site security and ensure access to restricted portions of the Site is limited to authorised users.
- To improve our performance by using third party vendors. We may also disclose certain data to third party contractors or vendors in connection with their performance of services to us. Contractual agreements between us and such third parties provide that your information will be kept confidential and secure.
- To market our products and services. Ploy may use business contact information obtained directly from you or from third party sources to send marketing emails and other communications in order to promote our products and services.
Pursuant To What Legal Bases Do We Process Your Information?
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in the ways indicated above. These legal bases include where:
- necessary to perform the contractual obligations in our agreement with you or your employer and provide services to you;
- you have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
- necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests; and
- you have expressly made the information public.
Note that we principally rely on consent to send marketing messages.\
Where we process your information based on legitimate interests, we do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests of:
- providing and improving Ploy services for our customers;
- understanding how our services are being used, and determining the level of interest in services for customers by obtaining insights into usage patterns of the services;
- improving our efficiency by customizing your on-site experience to help you discover relevant research and topics;
- promoting and marketing our brand, products and services;
- maintaining a secure Site;
- making our services better even where processing entails sharing your information with service providers that may not be strictly necessary for us to provide the Services; and
- conducting live and virtual immersive experiences during our events that provide attendees with high-caliber networking with peers and sponsors aimed to seamlessly facilitate connections in your industry.
Processing information based on legitimate business interest may include sharing your information with third party services providers for the above purposes. For example, sharing certain information with event sponsors and other event attendees as more specifically set forth in the ‘How does Ploy use the information’ section above.
Ploy also engages third-party companies and individuals that may have access to your information pursuant to a legitimate business interest listed above (such as research companies, and analytics providers) to help us operate, provide, and market the services. Your information may also be shared with third party service providers to ensure the security of our services, including enhancing protection of our Site, intellectual property infringement and protecting against security incidents. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for other purposes. Ploy may also process contact information it obtains from third party sources, social media sites or third-party marketing vendors for some of the legitimate business interest purposes outlined above.
Ploy may also process and share your personal information with a third party in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet legitimate national security or law enforcement requirements; defend against legal claims, to comply with a subpoena, court order, legal process, or other legal requirement; or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
Ploy has a legitimate business interest in using your contact information you when you choose to participate in interviews or surveys in order to carry out the research in which you elect to participate. At times your employer or vendor may recruit you to participate in the research. Any such contact information is used solely for purposes of conducting the applicable research as disclosed to the individual.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
What types of cookies does Ploy use?
- Necessary: cookies required for access to the Site and core functionality.
- Behaviour and analytics: cookies used to gather behavioural information through the Site; provide customized content and recommendations; and analytics.
- Marketing: cookies that are used to deliver relevant advertising.
- Aggregated (non-personally identifiable) user behaviour collected through cookies or web beacons may be shared with our other third-party service providers to either analyse or execute marketing programs.
What can you do about cookies?
You may choose to control and/or delete all cookies from your hard drive. If you delete a cookie, however, please be advised that some features of our Site may not be accessible to you. Another option available to you is to change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from a primary Site, block them from third parties, or clear out all cookies.
Transfer of Data
With your consent we may record sales or customer service calls for training purposes only. Ploy may also record certain calls when conducting research, but only with consent for the purpose of validating its research and sources of information. You may choose not to participate in a recorded call and may opt out of having a call recorded at any time during the call.
What You Can Do and Your Rights
- You can unsubscribe from promotional emails you receive at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the email and may disable notifications on your mobile device. You may not be able to opt-out of important service announcements and administrative messages.
- You can choose to control and/or delete cookies from your hard drive. See the Cookie section above for more details.
- You can choose to not let anyone scan a bar code at a live Ploy event unless you want that sponsor to have your contact information.
- When attending a sponsored session at live event you can inform a Ploy representative that you do not want your information shared with the event sponsor.
- There may be public areas of the Site that allow you to post or upload information. Any information you choose to upload or post can be viewed by all users.
- We discourage you from uploading any personal information in these areas of the Site.
- In some cases, you may have the following rights. Please note Ploy may have lawful reasons to deny requests related to the rights below:
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed of Ploy’s purposes for processing your personal data, Ploy’s retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with.
- The right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information to allow you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased from our systems.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have rights related to automated decision making any profiling. Please note that
- Ploy does not make any such automated decision making or profiling.
- The right to submit a complaint with a supervisory authority located in your place of residence, place of work or place the alleged infringement took place.
Exercising your Rights
Ploy has the right, under applicable laws, to deny requests in certain circumstances. For example, where we need the information to provide you a service or to comply with applicable laws.
If you want to exercise any of your rights or need to contact us please do so via our published telephone numbers should you have any questions or concerns.
Changes to this policy may be posted from time to time. All versions will reflect a posting date. We encourage you to visit this page periodically for changes.
Last updated June, 2021